Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, April 9

The Hottest Skorts!


Ok, so a quick bit of history 1 on 1 about the iconic skort.  Sometimes called a scooter (although scooters generally look like a skirt all the way round)  or skant, skorts were invented, in essence, to help us ladies keep our dignity and enable us to carry out more activities such as gardening, riding a bike, cleaning, without the inevitable "revealing of the panties" and of course keep us feminine by providing us with a "skirt".
I love them, I remember as a child always wearing culottes and I feel a skort is the more grown up take on this.  I recently purchased these gorgeous floral skorts from New Look for £17.99.  They have a stretchy waistband and are made of a thicker material, which I love because even when its a warm evening I'm still a cold potato! Plus I feel a little more dressed if material is thicker.

   
 I have trawled the inter-web looking for the most gorgeous skorts and have found 4 different look skorts that will suit any occasion.

The Festival Skort - This geometric patterned skort is from Miss Selfridge and is £25.  I love the pattern and I feel it gives an instant hippy festival vibe!


 

 
 
 
 
 
The Sequin Party Skort – This skort is the perfect addition to your party wardrobe.  Its from Pretty Little Thing and is £15.  This skort is such a stand out piece that all you will need is a simple crop top to create the perfect party outfit.
 
 



 
 
 
 
 
The Preppy Skort – I love how now even skorts are becoming accessible for the work wardrobe.  This gorgeous pleated skort is from ASOS and is £35.  I love the pairing of it with a shirt and jumper and frilly socks for the ultimate Preppy Queen look, it reminds me of Blair from Gossip Girl!
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
The Metallic Skort – Ok so all my readers will know I have fallen head over heels for metallics this season, the biggest trend on the London Fashion Week catwalk and this gorgeous metallic skort is from Missguided for £19.99, its another perfect party piece but dress down with a shirt and necklace for understated glamour.
 
 



 

 
 

Well hope all my vanillabeans will be rushing out to buy gorgeous skorts in anticipation of the great british summer beginning………….sometime soon hopefully!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment